The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Certified Access Specialist (CASp) Small Business Assessment Program was launched in response to the City’s small businesses requesting assistance remove access barriers. The program’s objectives are to educate small businesses Citywide about ADA compliance and provide eligible businesses in Invest in Neighborhood corridors with an ADA assessment report and plan for compliance with ADA law, and provide access to resources and loan programs.
The ADA CASp Small Business Assessment Program
- A program that assists businesses with access to assessments and resources to make the improvements to their businesses.
- The goals of the program are to improve both ADA compliance and accessibility, and help small businesses reduce their risk of being sued.
- The program will provide eligible small business owners a proactive, customized on-site assessment and a report to help them become compliant with ADA barriers.
- The goal of the assessments will be to develop affordable and reasonable options to make businesses accessible.
The ADA Small Business Assessment Program is administered by the Northeast Community Federal Credit Union (NCFCU). For those businesses that receive an ADA assessment, the Office of Small Business and NCFCU will help your business access resources such as technical assistance, tax incentives, and low-interest affordable loans from our micro-lending partners.
The program is free of cost for those meeting the eligibility criteria. To be eligible, businesses must be committed and willing to work with the consultants on a plan to remove access to barriers.
To apply for a free ADA assessment, please download and submit your completed application to Northeast Community Federal Credit Union:
- ADA – CASp Assessment Application- English – English
- ADA – CASp Assessment Application – Chinese – Chinese
- ADA – CASp Assessment Application – Spanish– Spanish
For more information on ADA compliance for your small business visit the Office of Small Business site.